February 1 - February 2, 2023 All Day
California Natural Resource Headquarters
How do we leverage unprecedented public investment to build infrastructure that responds to both the climate crisis and the needs of underserved communities?
At the SGC Catalyst Conference, hosted in partnership with the Milken Institute, participants will work together to understand the opportunities and barriers to building a pipeline of community-led climate projects. Over a two-day period, community leaders, funders, government policymakers, and academics will explore models that are helping to prepare underserved communities for investment and oversee project implementation, as well as innovative public-private partnerships that deepen investment and accelerate decarbonization. The conference environment will create space for learning, partnerships, and the co-creation of new standards and bold ideas to catalyze action during this transformational moment in history.
Getting to project readiness through tested community development models:
- Scaling Capacity Building for Community Readiness
- Power Sharing for Sustained, Place-Based Transformation
- The Why and How of Meaningful Stakeholder Engagement In Program and Policy Design
- Research is Power: Building Advocacy & Representation Through Community-Based Research
Catalyzing project implementation through public-private partnerships:
- Catalyzing Capital: Exploring the Roles and Responsibilities of Funders, Community, and Government in Pre-Construction and Implementation
- Beyond ‘Shovel Ready’: Developing New Standards for Climate Investment
- Project Integration: Linking Community Climate Investment Within Regional Governance Frameworks
Building a network of climate equity leaders
- Local, State, Tribal, and Federal Government
- Community Leaders and Organizations
- Private Finance and Philanthropy
- Academics and Researchers
This event is by invitation only. A limited number of tickets may become available to interested parties. If you are interested in attending, please submit your information via the SGC Catalyst Conference webpage.