Smart Growth California’s Funder Summit brings together grantmakers to learn, connect, and take action. Register now to join us February 12-13, 2019 in Sacramento.
These challenging times call for funders to lead in bold new ways, especially here in California. A better future for all Californians, especially low-income communities and communities of color, will require unprecedented levels of innovation, collaboration, and action.
That’s why our next Funder Summit will be held in Sacramento from February 12-13, 2019, right on the heels of the November elections.
At the 2019 Funder Summit, you will:
- Hear from elected leaders and agency officials about the biggest policy opportunities at the regional and state levels.
- Gain insights from the nonprofit and community partners who are leading groundbreaking efforts on-the-ground.
- Share and strategize with funders across issue areas and geographies.
California can be proof for what’s possible on so many fronts: social justice, health, affordable housing, transportation, water, parks, climate, and economic opportunity.
But it won’t happen without you, so please mark your calendar for the 2019 Funder Summit. The Funder Summit is being designed to facilitate action at every turn, with significant time for break-out groups and networking. View the agenda.
2019 Funder Summit Locations
- February 12, 2019: The Citizen Hotel, 926 J Street, Sacramento
- February 13, 2019: Sierra Health Foundation, 1321 Garden Highway, Sacramento
Smart Growth California has reserved a small block of rooms at the Citizen Hotel, which is where the first day of the Summit will be held. To book your room and secure the reduced rate, use this link or call the hotel directly at 916.447.2700 and reference the “Smart Growth California Funder Summit” or group code “SGC.” Reduced rate for rooms ends January 21.
- Joya Banerjee, S. D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation
- Corey Brown, Resources Legacy Fund
- Kaying Hang, Sierra Health Foundation
- Mark Valentine, ReFrame It Consulting
Ideas for Speakers or Topics at the Summit?
Contact Ron Milam, Interim Director of Smart Growth California.
Read our blog post and see photos from Smart Growth California’s 2017 Funder Summit.
Who Should Attend the Funder Summit?
We welcome all funders to attend who are currently supporting efforts to build healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities in California. This includes institutional grantmakers (family foundations; private independent foundations; community and public foundations; corporate foundations) with annual giving exceeding $250,000.