Why Be Part of Smart Growth California?
Smart Growth California is where you can connect, learn, and take action with other funders to create far greater collective impact across California. We invite you to join us in harnessing the tools of philanthropy in powerful new ways.
As part of Smart Growth California, you can:
- Network and build relationships with knowledgeable, collegial peers.
- Efficiently deepen your knowledge and learn about innovations through webinars and in-person briefings from top experts.
- Identify and share insights and best practices with colleagues.
- Stay on top of current California and regional issues and politics.
- Leverage the impact of your own giving through collaboration with other funders.
- Identify specific opportunities for funding alignment and action through our working groups and regional collaboratives.
Additional benefits include:
- Complimentary access to all Smart Growth California networking events, webinars, issue briefings, and convenings.
- Our funder-only email updates and newsletters with the most relevant learning opportunities, news, and resources.
- Access to the private Smart Growth California funder directory and funder-only resources.
- Leadership opportunities through the steering committee, regional collaboratives, working groups, and our funder convening.
Who is Eligible to Join?
We welcome all funders who are currently supporting efforts to build healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities in California. This includes institutional grantmakers (family foundations; private independent foundations; community and public foundations; corporate foundations) with annual giving exceeding $250,000.
How to Join Smart Growth California
To join our network, we ask that you support our vision and allocate some portion of your giving to building healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities in California. Please fill out the form below to join.
There is no membership fee associated with becoming part of Smart Growth California. However, Smart Growth California encourages participants to become members of the Funders’ Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities (TFN), our parent organization. Many of the funders in our community are members of TFN. Membership in TFN supports Smart Growth California and offers many additional benefits, including two free registrations for TFN’s annual conference, monthly learning calls, and more. TFN members get free registration for Smart Growth California’s convenings.
Smart Growth California also depends on financial support from foundation partners in order to implement our strategies and activities throughout California.