April 15 - April 17, 2019 All Day
Portofino Hotel & Marina
The Climate and Energy Funders Group, a program of the Biodiversity Funders Group, supports, facilitates, and seeks to expand a network of funders responding to global climate change by supporting a variety of strategies to address the problem.
This year’s Climate and Energy Funders Group Meeting will focus on the following three themes, by first introducing the core strategies, risks and opportunities in a plenary overview, then diving more deeply in breakout sessions:
- Stop Fossil Fuels
- Electrify Everything
- Build Political Will
The meeting objectives are to:
- Identify action items where continued progress is possible.
- Determine next steps to slow existing and new plans for fossil fuel buildout.
- Clarify the necessity and intervention points for electrification.
- Discuss how to build political will by examining winning (and losing) campaigns as well as emerging research.
- Build and strengthen relationships so funders can learn together, coordinate efforts, and collaborate effectively.
- Stay inspired